The project application phase for the FCHgo Award competition, the national selections, and National Award Events of candidate projects from the 3 participant countries in the contest (Italy, Poland, and Turkey) are closed now.
Despite the difficulties caused by the pandemic, we are happy to have received several applications from schools.
We would like to congratulate all participants on active and enthusiastic participation in the international competition FCHgo – The World of the Future: Best FCH Application, contributing to a better and cleaner future with hydrogen.
The nominated projects first went through a national selection process, from which 8 projects emerged as winners: 3 for Turkey, 1 for each age category; 3 for Poland, 1 for each age category; 2 for Italy, 1 for category 8-11 and 1 for category 15-18, as there were no valid applications for category 12-14.
Date: 6th May 2021
Description: The national jury was composed by of Doç.Dr. Canan ACAR (Department of Energy Systems Engineering, Bahçeşehir University/ Department of Thermal and Fluid Engineering, Twente University, Netherlands), Nilgün AVCI ENGÜDAR (Izmir Konak BILSEM Deputy Director), Deniz DINÇ (ÇEKÜL Information Tree Project Coordinator) and Serra TİtİZ (Founding Director of Mikado Sustainable Development Consultancy). The judges evaluated “innovation and creativity”, “instructive value and transferability of the project” and “in-depth analysis & scientific approach” criteria.
As a result of the national selection, the following projects were awarded national first place in their categories:
1) in the 8-11 y.o. category, Bahçeşehir Koleji İzmir Ellinci Yıl Primary School won with Hydroplanet
2)in the 12-14 y.o. category, Bahçeşehir Koleji İzmir Ellinci Yıl Secondary School won with the project “Hydrogen Power is in rural schools”
3) in the 15-18 y.o. category, Ankara Atatürk vocational and technical Anatolian high school conquered first place with FCH 101 Project.
Date: 25th May 2021
Description: The jury consisting of Federico Corni (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano), Michele Cesari (UNIMORE), Tiziana Altiero (UNIMORE), Enrico Gilberti (UNIMORE), Leonardo Colletti (High school teacher) has evaluated the candidate projects and selected as winning teams:
1) in the 8-11 age category, La Carovana Primary School, who won with the Project Hydrogen New City
2) in the age category 15-18 y.o., Wiligelmo High School, who won with the project Green Hydrogen.
The ceremony took place online and was the occasion to award the best project at the national level for each age category participating in the competition. The winners received prizes to learn more about renewable energies, in particular hydrogen fuel cells, using specific kits for use and experimentation.
National event in Poland
Date: 28th May 2021
Description: The national jury composed by Prof. Kamil Fedus (Nicolaus Copernicus University), Dr. Krzysztof Rochowicz (Nicolaus Copernicus University), Kasia Laskowska (Nicolaus Copernicus University. The winning projects at the national level are:
1) in the 8-11 y.o. category, Szkoła Podstawowa imienia Gustawa Zielińskiego w Markowicach,which won with Hydrogen Energy
2) in the 12-14 y.o. category, Primary School Szkoła Podstawowa nr 13 w Zespole Szkół nr 29, which won with the project The future of hydrogen and helium fuel cell – The Earth’s future
3) in the 15-18 y.o. category, High School II Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. Marii Konopnickiej, who took first place with Hydrogen future – fuel cell Project.
The meeting was held online on the Webex platform. The agenda of the event was the following:
- Welcoming students and teachers.
- A short commemorative speech.
- Presentation of the official results obtained by the students inthe competition in three age categories and the awarding of prizes.
- Lecture on hydrogen cells presented by Professor Grzegorz Karwasz.
As mentioned above, these projects have accessed the international level of the selection. They will be evaluated by an international jury that will nominate the three final winners.
The winners will be announced at the FCHgo International Award Event on 15 June from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CEST).